A Diet

I always intended to write about this subject a while back but never got the change to actually sit and write about it. I think this is the time, so if you're looking for a technical or management related blog entry simply skip this one.

Eight months ago I started a diet. I was a "little" overweight and always postponing the task of getting back into shape. I was unable to postpone this any time longer because of my mother.

Some times in your life you need a little push in the right direction. This push can come from many sides. It can be an event that occurred to you. It can simply be a loved one or a friend that has a talk with you. In my case it was my mother actually scheduling an appointment with a nutritionist.

My excuse for not caring about my weight was always that I would first go to a doctor, a nutritionist, before embarking on a diet. Well, my mother took the next step and actually scheduled the appointment and the necessary blood analysis that I had to carry out before the appointment.

I was scared. Not about the appointment but with the results of the analyses. There were some really bad values: that was the last push I needed to start thinking about my health a little more.

What is the end result? Well, I lost a third of my weight. I'm currently in my ideal body weight and feel a lot better. A side effect is that I'm also in a greater shape. I took an ancient old promise I made myself that if I would ever to loose any weight I would also get into shape. Nowadays I run, at least, 30km per week.

I was able not only to loose the extra "baggage" but I was also able to keep my ideal weight for 2 consecutive months. I actually had to cut down on the exercise because I was continuing to loose weight, but this way I get more time to blog.

If you read this far and you want to know the little details about the diet then I'm Sorry. I won't give them to you. My advice: see a doctor and respect what he/she tells you. Don't go for one of those "crazy" diets. What I can leave you with is a before and after picture of yours truly. The first picture is the picture I used to have in the right side of the blog. The second is the new "thin" me that is currently shown in the blog.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to C: CMake and CUnit

OpenClock and Gentoo

Gentoo with LUKS and LVM