Making Life Changing Decisions...

I already ranted about this the last time I blogged and I don't want to rant any further, but it is affecting my life and I should blog about it. Facts are that I need to make a decision that will change the course of my life. I have to decide if I want to continue with my current employer or if a want to jump into the void and pursue another goal.

There are many alternatives. I can simply look for another job, maybe even launch myself as a freelancer. I can even go for a PhD, but I don't want to get Piled Higher and Deeper. Just kidding. Although I love these comic strips, I haven't run against anything similar to it during my Masters.

Why do I need to make a decision? Simple, I don't see my current employer step up to its responsibilities and pay for the relocation. Although it is in the Portuguese Law that the employer should pay for all the relocation costs I don't think they will. I'm saying this because they are using an option in the law to enter in agreement with the workers. But the agreement they are proposing pays only for part of the expenses and ensures that you stay in it for further 3 years without any king of salary increase - not even the normal inflation.

I have though a lot on this problem and my current view is simple: if they don't step up and assume their responsibilities I'll simply quit. I may have to involve a lawyer. I say this because that is just how the company is: a large institution with absolutely no respect for its workers. Not even the group of 50 out of 600 that is responsible for 25% of their sales.

What does this all mean? Well, if they don't step up I'll be looking for a job soon. I'll just take a few weeks to finish writing my Thesis and deliver it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to C: CMake and CUnit

OpenClock and Gentoo

Gentoo with LUKS and LVM